When I am designing and creating artisan jewelry, what inspires me? Did you ever wonder where all the creative jewelry design ideas come from? How has jewelry become the industry it is today?
Designing Artisan Jewelry Inspired by Other Creatives
Sometimes, I guess creativity comes from the others. There are those days that jewelry design ideas just pour forth and then there are those days when you look at your materials and think … now what.
Have I exhausted all my creativity?
Yikes, what a scary idea.
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” ― Kurt Vonnegut, If This Isn’t Nice, What Is? Advice for the Young
Designing Artisan Jewelry by Following My Calling Within
So, what now … I look over at my computer and it calls to me … come and look.
After awhile I give in and hope I can find that much needed inspiration to design my artisan jewelry.
How Does a Jewelry Artisan Get Her Inspiration?
First, I need to know what inspiration means and according to Wiki … the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
As a jewelry and artisan designer I think I am creative.
So, what inspires me?
I look at family photos from the past and suddenly, after a few chuckles and tears, it hits me.
Inspiration comes from curiosity.
What can I do with what I have.
Many inventions were born form curiosity and even mistakes.
Curiosity and Being Open for What Will Happen Wins
Jewelry making and design can be influenced by the unusual and the commonplace everyday world.
- My materials help me to begin … what do I like working with and what gets my “mojo” going.
- Textiles, wire, crochet, and literally playing with every materials.
- Next I have a clear vision of what I want to use for my jewelry creation and search the web for design ideas using the materials I picked.
- When I find them, my first question is, can I design and create the examples I find with the jewelry design and creation skills, knowledge, and experience I have?
- keep going and realize that my creative spirit is beginning to reappear but not so fast …
- I need to digest this.
- Taking a creative break by doing my dishes, playing with my little Sweet Pea bird, etc
- Before I make a final design and creation decision, I now look at what material I have and decide where I want to go fashion wise.
So we’ll see. I keep you posted …
Designing and creating jewelry breathe within and sometimes need a little creative inspiration from the world, but it is there … waiting to be created!